Stack Extension Construction – 225' x 18’ Radial Brick Chimney
Upgrades at the Harrisburg Resouce Recovery Facility required increasing the height of the existing radial brick chimney. Project highlights included:
- Construction of an additional 46’ section of radial brick shell and acid brick lining.
- Stainless Steel cap installation.
- Exterior pointing of the remainder of the structure.
- Installation of exterior reinforcing bands.
- Lightning Protection System installation.
- Installing new ladders and a service platform for access of CEMS equipment.
- Exterior cleaning of masonry.