Structural Repair of a concrete chimney aT a Former mill in camden, maine
Following a comprehensive inspection to assess the overall condition and structural integrity of the 170' tall concrete chimney in Camden, Maine; GCI performed repairs to insure the structure was capable of supporting cell communications equipment. The outcome involved a partial height demolition and approximately 1,000 square feet of structural concrete repairs. Project highlights included:
- The demolition and removal of the upper 40' section of concrete chimney at a commecial property, located immediately adjacent to a busy street in the center of town.
- Erecting a traveling scaffold to provide 360 access over the entire height.
- Performing 1,000 square feet of structural concrete repair; including reinforcing steel replacement.
- Repair of vertical stress cracks.
- Design, fabrication and installation of a new chimney cover.