Rehabilitation of a 210’ Radial Brick Chimney
Gibraltar Chimney worked with the owner and the State of Virginia Restoration Board in the stabilization and restoration of an historic chimney at a former Lucky Strike Plant. Work included:
- Project involvement with the State of Virginia Historic Restoration Board
- Demolition of the uppermost 7’ section to remove safety hazards created by colapsing brickwork.
- Pointing open mortar joints on the masonry structure.
- Installing a new reinforced concrete cap.
- Lightning Protection System upgrades.
- Reinforcing band installation and repair