Design, Fabricate & Erect (2) Replacement Stacks 140’ x 9’ OD Dual-Wall Steel Stacks
Philip Morris USA contacted GCI to assist a plant service contractor in stabilize one of their 140' tall boiler stacks which was in eminent failure. GCI developed an emergency stabilization and dismantling plan to safely remove the stack and avoid a plant shut-down.
Following the emergency response, GCI was contracted to replace both stacks at the Richmond facility and install (2) additional stacks. project highlights included:
- Emergency response to assist plant service contractor to stabilize and remove the Unit #2 stack and avoid plant shut-down due to a stack collapse.
- Design, fabricate and erect the Unit #2 - 140’ x 9’ dual-wall steel stack.
- Turn-key removal and replacement of the Unit #1 - 140’ x 9’ dual-wall steel stack.
- 500-ton hydraulic crane at a 165' radius.
- Removal and installation of new inlet breechings.
- Design, fabricate and erect a 57'-8" x 3' OD unlined steel stack for a new boiler at the Richmond Plant.
- Design, fabricate and erect a 140' x 8'-6" OD dual-wall steel stack at the Park 500 Plant.