BRICK LINER Rebuild of a 500’ x 26’ ID Reinforced Concrete Chimney
After a lightning strike damaged the upper footages of the Unit #2 Chimney at the FPL Manatee Plant, GCI was contracted to rebuild the upper 15' section. Project highlights included:
- Stabilizing the damaged brickwork
- Piecemeal demolition of the cast-iron cap and brickwork and lowering debris to grade elevation
- Rebuild of the upper 15’ section of the liner using double-solid acid brick conforming to ASTM 980 Chimney Liner Brick
- The installation of a new Type 316L stainless steel cap
- The installation of new lining bands at various elevations
- The repair of CEMS platforms damaged by falling brickwork and the installation of overhead protection.