200’ x 23’ Ø Radial Brick Chimney Demolition
Hazardous conditions created by falling brick and sections of the cast-iron cap necessitated issuing an Emergency Contract for for the complete demolition of the defunct 200’ x 23’ Ø Radial Brick Chimney. Project highlights included:
- Demolition and removal of more than 18,000 CF of masonry.
- Stabilizing hazardous conditions at the top of the chimney prior to demo.
- Erecting protections for adjacent roofs and other structures.
- Installing road closure fencing.
- Removal of the breeching and re-bricking of the opening in the boilerhouse.
- Removal of ladders, platforms and adjoining catwalks from the building