15' brick liner Rebuild in a 500’ x 16’ ID Reinforced Concrete Chimney
GCI was contracted to replace the upper 15' section of brick liner in the 500' tall, Unit #2 chimney at the Northport Power Station. The project involved:
- Removal of the existing chimney cap and demolition of the upper 15' of brick lining.
- Lowering all debris to grade elevation.
- Rebuilding the upper 15’ section of liner with Chimney Lining Brick conforming to ASTM 980.
- The design, fabrication and erection of a new Stainless Steel liner hood.
- Crack repair of the interior brick liner.